What do you think of Elizabeth Warren's idea to raise taxes on high income people in order to make Social Security checks higher?

CallMeDave u
To summarize, as I understand it, she wants high income people (over $250,000 per year for single people; over $400,000 per year for married couples) to pay more taxes on salary and investment income in order to increase the amount of Social Security retirement and disability checks by an average of $200 per month.

For those that want all the details, this article provides a lot of details on her plan:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/12/warren-2020-social-security-1491222
Great idea! I fully support it.
The concept seems good, but the details need some adjustment.
Terrible idea! I'm totally against it.
Vote C
I don't know or I just want to see the results.
Vote D
GirlGuy
8 mo
Thanks for all the opinions. Based on the poll results, guys seem split pretty evenly (with slightly more against it than for it) and girls are far less interested in it (only 13 pink votes compared to 90 blue votes) but those that voted are overwhelmingly in favor of the plan as proposed or with some modifications.

A few people mentioned a 70% rate. Where did that come from? What I read was 14.8% on income over $250,000.
8
77