Is happiness the ultimate good? Or is freedom or truth or justice more important?

cipher42
What do you think ultimately determines whether something is good? Do you think a totally free but not very happy society is better than a society living under strict authoritarianism that is super happy? What value would you maximize if it meant having less of other values? Happiness/life satisfaction? Truth? Freedom? Equality? Justice?
Personally, I think happiness/lowering suffering is the ultimate good, I'd be happy to live in a simulation if that simulation made me happier than living in reality. That said, it's complicated to try to figure out what things lead to a happy life/society (I do think truth and freedom and justice can be useful in creating happiness, but I don't think they're useful on their own). But without considering how these values affect each other, what do you think is the ultimate good?
17
2