Would the US be better off if all representatives in Congress were independent and not tied to a party?

Justin Amash, who left the Republican Party earlier this year and is now independent says that he feels happier and freer now that he's not tied to a party.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/465441-amash-says-hes-happy-not-feeling-bound-to-a-particular-party

Would the US be better off if all representatives were independent and free to do what they think is right rather than being under heavy pressure to adhere to their party's position on things?

If none of my options accurately describes your position, please post an opinion to explain what you think.
Yes, it would be better so they could all vote based on what they believe is best for the country and their constituentsht
No, it would create chaos if everyone was thinking for themselves
No, representatives should always support their party's position even if they disagree
Vote C
I don't know or I just want to see the results
Vote D
GirlGuy
1
17