Is forcing someone to kiss you considered sexual assault?

Because it has happened to me. I’m not going to go into too many details because it is a long story but it happened with a guy I went to high school with. He invited me to a party, grabbed me and forced me to kiss him while I tried pushing him away. To him it was a joke but I was so uncomfortable. He told his friends we were dating until they saw how he treated me and then they took my side. This went on for a few months until this guy decided to get my dad involved. He said to my dad “Hey, watch me kiss your daughter!” And then as he went for a kiss I shoved his head out of my face. That’s when my dad saw enough and had a talk with this guy. He left me alone after that.

Unfortunately this guy passed away a few years after this in a snowmobile accident but now I don’t have to worry about him doing that anymore. The more I think about it, I keep asking myself if it was a joke or actual assault.
9 d
Most people are saying it is assault. I feel annoyed that I didn’t take any legal action back then but I guess karma did get to him in the worst way.
14
3