Why are so many people ok with the smell of dog poop in their home?

Anonymous
I never understood this. When I politely address the concern, the people in question get really defensive and say I don’t understand because I’m not a pet owner.

What they don’t know is I grew up with lots of pets. My parents even got quite a few exotic pets too at different periods of my life. Yes, I had dogs, but they were always outside except for winter or storms. And we always cleaned after them.

I currently don’t have a pet because it would increase my rent significantly. But I just don’t understand how most people I know don’t clean after their pets. 80% of the time when I get invited to someone’s house, the smell of dog poop hits you when you open the front door, there’s dog hair all over the furniture, floor and even in the kitchen and bathroom.

It’s very much possible to have a clean home and have pets inside. I know this isn’t all pet owners, but it is quite a few.
5
4