Do you believe artificial selection would benefit society more so than natural selection?

TonyBologna25
I was talking to my friend who’s a Bioengineer and we were talking about how cloning livestock is unethical, but artificial selection isn’t. It got me thinking that the world might be so much better if we artificially selected the genetic top tier to be amongst us and weeded out those who were genetically inferior. Development in society and just the entire world would progress at such a faster rate.

But then I thought that sounds like some Hitler shit and thought about natural selection for a moment. Natural Selection naturally weeds out those are societally inferior, so they become invisible to us already. We don’t need to do any work.

Also, how does society recognize brilliance 100 years into artificial selection, when they’ve never even seen what inferiority or lesser standards look like? Does that spark a global mental illness? What does that do to humans?

Try to think of this from a logical standpoint and render emotions null for a second. It’s an interesting conversation that I had. Pros and cons to humanity with both routes, but I still choose natural selection. Any thoughts?
0
2