Random roommate, high heat, and me telling him to pay more for it?

Because of a bad situation I was in previously, I was forced to have a random person I didn't know move into the other room in my apartment. I'd had the heat set up to 60, and since he's moved in he keeps putting up the thermostat in the living room to the mid-70s and likes to hang out in shorts and no shirt.

When I was living here by myself in November and December, the electric bill was $38 and $42. In January (the month he moved in) it went up to $89 and February just came in at $102.

I gave him the bills for March and told him about the electric bills when I was here by myself, and that if he wants to keep the temperatures up that high, I won't be paying more than $40 of the bill.

He said that was unfair and that he shouldn't have to pay more, despite the higher bill clearly being because of him. Is he in the wrong or am I?
He uses more (and you can show it) so he should pay more
It should be split evenly even if he uses more
GirlGuy
1
3