When i’m out in public by myself I feel like everyone is watching me and it makes me hyper-aware of my movements and extremely uncomfortable?

Anonymous
I’m 24 and I’ve only realized this in the past few years but it’s a feeling i had normalized for as long as i can remember.
I feel like anytime i’m out in public that people are just watching me and so i’m hyper-aware of how i’m walking, where i’m putting my arms, and in general whatever i’m doing. But the thing is, It’s not really that i think people are viciously judging me, it just feels, for example, like i’m doing normal everyday things except there’s an stadium of people watching, like obviously you’d feel like your every move was being monitored and it’s extremely uncomfortable and tense. Even if i’m in the car by myself when i stop at a stoplight i think all the people in cars around me are looking at me, also i can’t walk my dogs in the daylight because i feel like everyone is watching me from their houses or cars that are driving by are watching me too. And when i’m at school walking around campus or in classes, and it’s ALL i think about in these situations. i can’t relax in any public setting alone and it’s so awful of a feeling that when i can avoid it i will. I won't even go sit in the library or go to the student union at school, i’ll go sit in my car instead (i’m in my senior year and i’ve been in the student union alone maybe 4x). If i have to go in public alone i try to do whatever i have to, as fast as i can. Though when i’m with someone that i’m comfortable with i don’t really think about that at all or if i do it’s very very minimal. I would like to be able to go out and feel at ease when i do things like, go to the gym, walk my dogs, go to classes, go to the stores, go to the movie theatre, etc. but I’ve been like this for so long i’m not even sure how i could get better at this point? Does anyone experience this or know how to deal with it?
1
1