Do you think what we're doing as a society to stop the spread if COVID-19 is enough? I do not?

ChiTown33
America is a country built on personal freedom which will literally "be the death of us" or more accurately a percentage of us during the time if COVID.
I have remained largely silent trusting our leaders had the best possible plan in place. But as i see the infected climb each day. And I get it, it's a pandemic, there's going to be infection. But it's the fact that it isn't even slowing it speeding up.
Up to this point each state has been left to decide it's own fate. And i know there are large infected areas like NYC and California hard hit by the Virus while others states only have a couple hundred ( my state being one).
But what affects one of us affects us all we are a narion united. And at this moment a world united to battle a common foe.
In my state they've closed restaraunts (so people can't congregate) but they leave fasr food joints open. Because a fast food worker handling your food can't make you sick? That's ridiculous.
I wonder if we'e reached a point where people need to be ordered to stay at home, not asked.
I don't know if our elected leaders are not taking that step because , they don't feel we need it, they are afraid of break down in civility if they cross that line, or if ( and i really hope this isn't the case) they are weighing human lives vs. Economic impact.
What say you?
Feel free to share what you think is a problem right now that could help our leaders?
Where do you think we're headed? What is your reasoning?
3
4