What do you think is the reason why women seem to become mature sooner than men? Agree or disagree?

Anonymous
Any answers not addressing the prompt below will be deleted. Read the below take and respond.

It’s a commonly held belief that women mature sooner than men do. A 16 year old girl and 16 year old boy will be very different in terms of maturity and how both approach certain issues, problems, etc.

Now, from what I’ve read, the reason for this makes perfect sense to me.

Biologically, women have a window where they optimally can have a child, free of something like Down syndrome for example. This window is primarily situated when a woman is young, primarily in her 20s I would say. This created a massive incentive for women to evolve to become more mature and sooner as opposed to men who don’t have to worry about a window since they can father a child, thousands, at almost any age. A man has more leeway or space when it comes to having a child, whereas a woman doesn’t have nearly as much time.

This means that evolution made so that women matured faster to facilitate a more efficient, safe, and viable pregnancy since women’s window is very early on.

Perhaps the body knows that a more mature mindset or development will be better for child rearing, so that’s why women developed to become more mature and sooner to facilitate child rearing at a young age, specifically in their 20s.

Men have no such window or burden, so they seem to mature or equalize/stabilize in mature with women much later on.
What do you think is the reason why women seem to become mature sooner than men? Agree or disagree?
Add Opinion