Do you believe men or women are more inclined to support authoritarianism?

Naydyonov
Why do you think it to be the case?

Before, a year ago, I would have said men. Usually men are portrayed to be the ones to support a "strongman". But seeing how women respond to polls, both official (by polling centers) and non official (GaG and equivalents), I am now quite convinced, unfortunately, that women are more likely to support a strong [authoritarian] government.
For example:
(1) Women tend to vote for parties which support:
(a) greater government control over the economy.
(b) limiting citizens' rights to firearms.
(c) more welfare.
(2) In polls, women are the group with the most favorable views of Socialism (Socialism has more state control than Capitalism).

In regards to 1b, I bring it up because citizens tend to use weapons when having uprisings against authoritarian governments, as these governments tend to kill their opposition without a second thought. So by removing guns from the hands of citizens, government power is increased.
In regards to 1c, I bring it up as the more reliant the population is on the government, the more power the government yields. Thus, it is another example of indirectly giving government more power, which has historically led to many much more authoritarianism than giving governments less power.
Men are more inclined
Women are more inclined
Both, equally
Vote C
GirlGuy
0
9