What are your thoughts on Trump's statements about injecting disinfectant to cure COVID19?

mistixs
Trump yesterday, to a doctor: "Disinfectant knocks out [COVID19] in a minute. Is there a way we can do something like that, by injecting inside the body, like a cleaning?"

Lysol released a statement warning that its products should never be used internally.

Trump today, to a reporter: "I was asking the question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen."

It didn't sound like sarcasm to me, but even if it was, it is NOT currently the time to be sarcastic about that sort of thing. At best, the sarcasm causes a scene that derails our attention from the problems our country is facing during this emergency; at worst, someone might actually follow the suggestion & end up dying.

What are your thoughts?
I think it sounds like a good idea, it's not dangerous, & it would effectively cure COVID19
I think it's a dumb suggestion & he wasn't being sarcastic
I think he was being sarcastic, but I think it was inappropriate for him to be sarcastic about that sort of thing during this emergency
Vote C
I think he was being sarcastic, and I think it was okay for him to be sarcastic about that sort of thing.
Vote D
I think he didn't really say that at all, or if he did, he didn't mean it that way. It's fake news.
Vote E
Other
Vote F
No opinion
Vote G
GirlGuy
2 mo
"A spike in New Yorkers ingesting household cleaners following Trump’s controversial coronavirus comments"
www.nydailynews.com/.../...thxx2vktqa5m-story.html
79
24