Is the test for COVID-19 even reliable as so many people seem to test positive?

AllieOops
I'm wondering if this test for COVID-19 is some kind of a government SNAFU because a ton of people are being tested positive and have no symptoms. I mean how reliable is this test? Could the whole thing be a scare tactic so that the government can have total control over your life and well being? There are no more people dying from this than most of the other causes of death each year. I saw that over 400,000 people die each year from smoking related diseases. 600,000 die each year from heart disease. There are over 40,000 suicides each year, and maybe more with people losing everything they had. Over 500,000 a year die from cancer. Accidents or unintentional deaths - 169,000. There are 146,000 that die from strokes, 121,000 from Alzheimer's, and millions from flu, pneumonia, and the others of the top 10 causes of death in the US. I know people who have never worn a mask or gloves and they are all healthy. Seems to me the most people who are dying are already suffering from some disease and their immune systems are already compromised. Yet COVID-19 has brought the whole Nation and economy to it's knees. So is this just a ruse or is there truth to it? Comments?
4
2