Are there 'essential workers' now in the pandemic that should not be considered essential (like teachers)?

Anonymous
Are there essential workers now in the pandemic that should not be considered essential (like teachers)?
First, there's a difference between front line and essential.

My friend is a teacher, and quite honestly, I'm tired of hearing her bitch about working from home. She talks about how she can't see her students, can't say good bye to them, and how her work load has increased since everything has to be done online and she can't do group work for the kids who like it and she's complaining that parents are not reinforcing education. She also said that no one remembered Teacher Appreciation Week because it was the same time as Nurse's Appreciation Week. Now she's complaining that people are wanting schools open so people can have childcare while they go back to work.

I don't think she understands that she's not that important right now. Education is not what matters. Healthcare is what matters. We can deal with education later, but I think really school is just an extra stress. I don't think schools should be giving work at all, and she should be happy that she's still getting paid. But she's not risking her life so her work just isn't that big of a deal.

I mean, even a grocery clerk is more important she is. No one cares about reading a book. I just don't get why so many teachers are bitching right now about respect when they aren't really working.
3
1