Did someone or something make this guy do a back peddle?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mcconnell-wrong-obama-playbook-pandemic_n_5ebded27c5b6ee0b69e82f3e
McConnell Says He Was ‘Wrong’ To Claim Obama Didn’t Leave A Pandemic Playbook

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday that he was wrong to claim former President Barack Obama didn’t leave a “game plan” to deal with a pandemic when he left the White House to President Donald Trump.
“I was wrong,” McConnell told Fox News’ Bret Baier. “They did leave behind a plan, so I clearly made a mistake in that regard. As to whether or not the plan was followed, or who’s the critic and all the rest, I don’t have any observation about that because I don’t know enough about the details.”
In his interview with Fox News on Thursday, McConnell went on to champion efforts to reopen parts of the country despite the ongoing spread of the virus.

“We had a fabulous economy … we’d like the American people to begin to benefit from a comeback as soon as possible,” he said, while noting states should follow the three-phase plan released by the White House last month. “We have to begin to engage the economy again. I’m convinced that we can do that safely.
0
2