How do you feel if someone tells you something like "you are too old" to be doing that?

Anonymous
or "we are not young anymore to be doing this stuff"? Do you feel bad cause it sort of implies that even though you may ndeed not be that young, you may not doing it cause you are old and those things are only done by young people.

For example, things like doing stuff that as you age you may not be strong enough to do them only youn people, or that cause you are old, you are more at risk of health issues, like lifting heavy things, or you now do things slowly in your everyday life, or that your healt is not that pristine anymore (even if you are in your mid 40 but some people consider this age to be old). Or like stay up late at parties or hang out and go to your house late "because you are old now to be staying up late.

Im not saying people in their late 60 or early 70'. But people between 40 and 55 for some peopel that age group is consider old.

Another example. Some friends I have in my age group does not tolerate anymore to hang out and mingle with friends to bars and stay up late mingling and having fun, they say "we are not that young anymore"so they leave the venue at 11pm cause for them 10pm is alreayd late. Also they dont like to attend cfrwoded events like concerts because they can't sta anymore crowds or going back to their house like 11pm for them that is too late to be going home and those events are just for young people who can put up to be out after 10pm.. And these are people still in the group between 40 and 52. So I assume for them those ages are are too old. What Im 49 and many of my former classmates are married with families and for some life duties they believe they are too old alreayd to be doing certain things. Im still single and no kids and never married. Do they assume that beause they are already married and have families and children?
2
2