How can so many people say and comment awful things and still think they're a good person?

Nadia533
Recently I was scrolling through TikTok and stopped to read some of the comments on some videos. There were hundreds of thousands of people commenting things attacking creators' looks, weight, and more. Personally I've never gone posted something attacking another person on social media because there is literally nothing to gain from it. If I have a problem, I'll discuss it with the person one on one. I genuinely don't understand why someone would go out of their way to hurt another person, let alone a strange. I'm not perfect and I've lost my cool before, and don't get me wrong, I've hurt before, but never intentionally. Cyberbullying is so normalized at this point that no one thinks twice about it.

My question being, if you've cyberbullied someone to any degree, commented calling someone ugly or fat, do you really think that's okay? Can you look in the mirror and tell yourself you're a good person after telling someone they should be dead?
45
18