Philosophical Inquiry: Do you think people should stand by and be held accountable for their words? What society would this create?

In other words, if someone talks smack to you and you hit him/her, then that is justified. The person shouldn’t have said what they said if they didn’t want to get hit. Don’t be a coward. Stand by your words. If you weren’t going to say whatever it is you said if you knew you were going to face consequence, then why say it?

It’s like throwing rocks at a bear behind the cage, knowing the bear can’t get at you.

You’d NEVER do the same thing if it was out.

This is a matter of principle and ethics.

Words matter and mean infinitely more than what some people might think.

DO NOT appeal to the law or first amendment in the US. They don’t apply here.

I’m NOT taking any sides, I’m NOT expressing my opinion. I’m just adding some context and extra info. This is only a PHILOSOPHICAL inquiry question for fun and engaging thought.
7
16