Black people. Isn't it time you reclaimed your ancient cultural heritage?

thomual
And stop identifying as simply, "black". I personally, as a 100% white man resent the term white. I am half German half Irish, with traces of English and East European. I have nothing in common with the French, the Italian, or the Spanish. And even less in common with middle eastern Caucasians.

My ancient ancestors were conquered by Vikings, so I suppose I have some things in common with Russians, who were also conquered by Vikings. But my point is, only ignorant people lump me in with the French and Italians.

I know a lot of black heritage was lost during the times of slavery, but we have genetic testing now. Wouldn't it be better to have a real cultural identity that didn't focus on slavery and oppression?

Nubians: Nubians are like the real life Wakandans. They had a great kingdom and I think were known for their beautifully dark skin.

Erhiopians: from Northeast Africa, Ethiopians had a rich Gold trade, a kingdom, and were famous early Christian converts.

Jamaicans: Though a newer culture, they are highly distinct and admired for their culture. They are the ideal Carribbean black identity.

Haitians: Plagued by poverty, Haitians also have claim to their strong French heritage and identity. They are tall, beautiful, and elloquent.

South Africans have a strong English heritage, and anti-apartheid history, much like America they are our sister nation.

North Africans could call themselves Egyptian, paying claim to the history of the Pharoahs, Middle Eastern Spice traders, and Hannibal.

Those are just off the top of my head. Do you identify with an ancient heritage, or can you think of some that I got wrong or missed?
1
5