Have you ever wished you were from a different country or culture?

Anonymous
I don't want to disclose where I am from but long story short, parents just seem to have the final say in everything. It really annoys me that I can't choose a career for myself and when I have this discussion with them, they make me feel bad. And the worst thing about my shitty culture is that 9 times out of 10 they decide who their child gets to married. In the rare moment you like someone, its just a chaotic scene getting both families to agree to let the 2 lovebirds marry. With this corona pandemic its annoying being with my family 24/7. For those of you wondering, this might seem like messed up but thats how majority of the families are here. Sometimes I just wish I was from somewhere else with a different identity which allowed me some freedom to take my own decisions without having to worry about being frowned upon by my parents.
1
4