Do you think it would be a good idea to get rid of political parties?

anon_mke
Instead of having the Republican candidate and the Democratic candidate, it would just be 2 people's names. I feel like this would reduce ignorance, because instead of people voting for the same party year after year, they'd have to actually understand the candidates and make a choice based on the people themselves. Also, news sources would be unbiased because it would just be different people's names every election year instead of consistent party names that they can choose to support 100% of the time. Individuals would donate to fund the candidates' campaigns based on how much they like the candidate instead of donating to their usual party without knowing anything about the candidate. Additionally, members of Congress would vote on issues with the goal being to make the country better instead of trying to make their party look good and screw over the other party. I'm sure I could think of more good reasons to do this if I spent more time thinking about it.

***Please explain your answer***
Yes
No
GirlGuy
1
11