Why is it ok for me to say I'm proud of being Mexican, but saying I'm proud of being American is bad?

BuchitaBuchys
Whenever I say I'm proud of my Mexican heritage and culture, everyone's like "Yaasssss Latinx Mayan Aztec Indigenous Native Queen! With your beautiful brown, sun kissed skin! Culture so deep. Cinnamon skin, sweet as caramel! Be proud of your brown roots!!!"

But when I say I'm proud of being an American, all of a sudden it's like "why? Omg are you ok? You're ignorant to be proud of such a racist, horrible place! They're basically a 3rd world country! Every other country hates them and laughs lol Trump and Fox news brainwashed you! You're being oppressed for being a Latinx and a woman and you're proud of that? English isn't your first language? You're stupid!"

I don't get it? All countries have racism, not just the US. I don't deny that. But it's individual, and not systemic or institutional in the USA.
Why are people so bothered when I say I'm proud of being American? Lol You can be proud of being Canadian, British, French, Nigerian, Puerto Rican, Chinese or whatever. Idgaf. We all have different experiences in the same place.
My country is a beautiful country, and my heritage is deep. I can be proud of both. I don't know why it's an issue lol
30
1