Why do black people in America never move to a different country?

Anonymous
This is a serious question. I'm not being rude or sarcastic. I truly want to know. And before anyone starts thinking I'm a racist, I actually am a black person who lives in America.

But I do not participate in riots and I feel that they are wrong. Even Martin Luther King was against violent protests.

So to get back to my question, why do black people with that level of anger toward the United States choose to stay here willingly? What stops them from packing up, getting on a plane, and going anywhere in the world that they want to? This isn't slavery days when that wouldn't be a possibility. I'm sure the black people in those days would have given anything to have the opportunity to leave here.

Throughout all these years of being mistreated, why make the choice to stay here and keep fighting to make things change? It seems like leaving would be a simpler solution.

(For anyone wondering, my main reason for not leaving is a chronically ill family member who might not survive the trip, much less life in a different country.)
24
2