Why do people assume that you’re either on side of an argument/ topic or the other?

Catlover1999
So I’ve noticed that there seems to be an almost 50/50 divide when it comes to certain topics on GaG (and other platforms). On example I see often is with trans issues and topics and I’ll see comments from people who say things like “you can’t change your gender...” and if you disagree that person would assume that you’re on the other side of the argument entirely. A better example would be the vaccine debates (and this doesn’t just go for GaG) if you are concerned about mandatory corona vaccines then you’re assumed to be an anti-vax person or if you are skeptical of some of the claims that the climate activists make then you are assumed to be a climate change denier. Going back to the gender example, I am someone who would accept a trans woman as a “real” woman socially but biologically she’ll always be male and I also think that there are only two genders no more no less. Now I think that’s a pretty balanced middle of the road opinion yet if I commented on a post with one of those views I’d either be called a transphobe or a deranged leftist who thinks that you can identify as a cat or a toaster. Apologies for rambling on, I just wanted to get ever detail in there.
6
2