How many companies would buy slaves if it was legal?

purplepoppy
We've all heard of companies moving their factories to China or India to exploit cheap labour and lower workers rights. Similarly whenever legislation is passed to improve working conditions or employees rights they're quick to moan.

So if the government legalised slavery do you think many companies would buy slaves? I know people would be pissed off at losing their job to a slave but is that any different to your job being exported to china where some guy gets a cup of rice per week?
Ok we'd (myself included) would be outraged by the new policy but when prices in the shops start dropping I suspect many people would abandon their ethics. Take chickens for example, everyone claims to want great welfare for them but most people opt for the £4 bird over the £12 free range one. I suspect we'd see the same with slave produced goods.
24
8