What do you think of the band "Lady Antebellum" modifying their name because of the word's association to slavery?

KingdomForAKiss
*Regardless of whether or not you like this band

The prefix "anti" means against or opposite. The Latin word "bellum" means war.

"... But we are regretful and embarrassed to say that we did not take into account the associations that weigh down this word referring to the period of history before The Civil War, which includes slavery. We are deeply sorry for the hurt this has caused and for anyone who has felt unsafe, unseen or unvalued. Causing pain was never our hearts’ intention, but it doesn’t change the fact that indeed, it did just that. So today, we speak up and make a change."
What do you think of the band Lady Antebellum modifying their name because of the words association to slavery?
26 d
*I got ahead of myself when writing this post and made a HUGE error, and a dumb one at that. I used "anti" instead of "ante" prefix, which means "before." Thank you @abc3643 for catching this.
63
26