Guys, why would a man claim to like a woman he considers attractive, only to put a restraining order against her?

Anonymous
Let me explain: He put a restraining order against me as I was stalking him. I did this because I was too shy to convey my feelings for him appropriately. I decided to write him a letter in regards to my feelings for him, but he called the police and made a report. I have since issued an apology to him but I won’t find out what his response is until later in the month. He still wants the restraining order to remain in place. He used to stare at me a lot, and would usually look away whenever I looked up at him. He’s taken a photo of me and has told me “I have always liked you but have kept it from you.” He’s also said to me: “whatever medication you’re taking clearly isn’t working,” “you have more issues than previously thought,” “you’re not very clever,” and screamed in my face that I am a “retard.”
6
1