Can someone please explain to me why something, which is a staple to the mantra of the Red Hats, still not has been accomplished?

legalboxers
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-yuma-arizona-border-wall_n_5ef26403c5b601e59955fffc 4 Years Later, Only 3 New Miles of ‘Wall’ And Not A Single Peso From Mexico

Trump promised from the day he began his campaign in June 2015 that he would build a “great wall” to end illegal immigration from Mexico.

“I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively,” Trump said in his Trump Tower announcement. “I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
Over the coming 17 months, Trump promised many hundreds of times that he would build the wall quickly and at no cost to U. S. taxpayers - Build The Wall
- Repel and Replace Obama Care
- Lock Her Up...
1
2