Do you think I am racist because I don't acknowledge certain black celebrities?

Futureboy
My issue is that certain black celebrities complain they don't get recognition or just crave attention. The likes of Beyonce, Kanye West or Kim Kardashian etc. I don't care that Beyonce didn't win the Grammy award. I am not a fan of RnB, most Rap or Hip Hop, doesn't make me racist? Same goes for token wins for black actresses just because they were not represented in the past. If they get nominated on merit fair play.

Just to clarify I am a fan of lots of famous black people. Like the band Sevendust who have a black lead singer. Same as a band called Ad Infinitum who have a female black lead singer. I like Denzel Washington films, the actors who play War Machine. And Falcon in Avengers, Samuel Jackson films etc.

I feel the real issue is with regular human beings. The ones getting shot by police or the mothers getting life in prision for a small amount of weed. If these celebrities cared they would donate some of their millions to help instead of complain about that award you need to win. Yes you could argue Kim Kardashian did go to the White House to free some people from jail. But it shouldn't take someone famous to do it. It's like a catch 22 that she did a good deed but at the same time gave massive attention to her. I mean the chances that if Kanye West got arrested he would be manhandled is pretty slim. I feel that cops are only racist to people they see as beneath them or part of gangs etc.
1
3