If a guy and a girl are dating, and one of them comes out as a trans "they" person I think you call them, does that make the other one gay?

Say a guy and a girl are dating happily. And lets say the girl comes out as actually being a trans man. Technically though she is in a girl's body so is she still straight, or does the fact she feels like a man make her now gay for her boyfriend? And also her boyfriend prior who was clearly into girls, lets say he choose to stay with her when she came out and is now considered a dude, is he now gay? Or bi-sexual? Or is he still technically straight even though he's banging a girl who feels like a man and is gay (or straight?) for him?

Not meaning any offense, but this situation actually did happen at my high school a few years back and confused the living bejesus out of everyone (including the two people who were dating, they didn't even know what to call it or them). This happened the next day after a coming out assembly and how it's ok, like 10% of the school, mostly girls came out the next day as being lesbian, then un-came out as I think you call it within a month once it was no longer as trendy for gossip circles, and figured out 5% of the 10% that came out actually weren't lesbian in the first place.

I believe most females seem to switch all over the place but guys never ever seem to. Does anyone know what the evolutionary reason for this is? Or are girls simply more influenced by what is trendy in social media and jumping on band wagon trends to fit in for survival purposes than men are? Not trying to sound sexist but this is a legitimate thing (ask any middle school teacher after the sex talk if you don't believe me, 80% of the girls in grade 7/8 will claim they are all lesbians the next month or so until they realize yea, they aren't). And the middle school boys never do. It's clearly heavily gender based and not just random. Thought's anyone? Or am I just losing it?
5 d
I come from a backwards hick town from a large high school, and this was pretty new ground for a lot of people (including myself). I appreciate all the good responses. Just don't want to address buddy and his other bud as the wrong thing
4
3