Is it racist to not want to interract with people in certain ways based on their culture?

emmily2396
People use the word racist for the wrong reasons nowadays. For example, I don't think it would be racist to be cautious around unknown gypsies because they are known for stealing. It would become discriminatory only if you hated them for having a darker complexion even though a certain individual has proven to not act like that. Someone can choose if they follow the culture they were born in or not. Plus, culture has nothing to do with race to use the word racist.

To me, that would be like someone in the older times would have said it is racist not to welcome Vikings into their village. I mean, not all Vikings were doing raids, but why would you take the risk?
15
1