How to make an unbiased job application?

jgokgotit
GAG Admins: Please leave this under society and politics. I get that it can fit in with education and career, but the true point of this question is eliminating bias and discrimination, not about the job itself. GAG community: I have a friend who is starting a business. She is very good at math, business and sales and I am good at anything to do with writing and creativity. She asked me to help her come up with an application that eliminates the possibility of bias by race and gender yet still allows her to collect that data for the purposes of accountability with any state/federal officials who may ask for the data to audit for discrimination. She already has colleagues from her time in college who can sit on a panel for interviews and she is confident the board is diverse enough to prevent bias. She hired 3 men and 3 women, all of different races. She only decides as a tie-breaker. However, before the board can interview candidates, I need to get a good application up for people to apply. I was thinking of making the application exclude race and gender as a question and let the board fill out that information at the time of hiring, but names can still give a bias. I cannot exclude names because they are needed in the event the board wants to interview. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
How to make an unbiased job application?
Add Opinion