What was your most recent or worst fraudulent act against you? How did those scammers try to get the best of you?

Includea
Includea
Our old debit card was compromised and we had to reactivate a new one.

My man dialed the activation number and began giving our information to someone. I kept trying to butt in asking why are you talking to someone we never had to talk to anyone?

But he kept dismissing me. I was busy trying to figure out the bills. however I kept insisting we only have to key in our new PIN number never engage in conversation.

My red flag sensors were hitting hard as I realize the person is talking to him even though his name is not on the debit card which is a no no. No debit card company allows someone to call in on somebody else's debit card not even spouses unless the person is an authorized user.

Then I heard my man say email? social security number? he whispered to me hun what is your...
I cut him off right there. I said give me that phone there's no reason for the person to be asking that.

I took the phone. First thing I found odd was the accent we have a local community bank. I have never came across any of the employees with an accent.

I began to question her to why she was asking us so many questions. why were we transferred to her when normally it's an automated system. She then became rigid and told me I can't talk to you. You're not an authorized user. Return me to the man I was speaking to. Another red flag this is my debit card. I have no authorized users. she should know this as it should appear right on her screen.

I re-corrected her. Tell her this is my card. I asked for her name and her manager then she hung up on me.

My man says why did you hang up they were going to send us a free $100 gift card. Major red flag! I pull up the number he called. I see he accidentally mixed the order of two digits.

I do a reverse search on the number & find out it's a major scam.

I look up at him & tell him that number was a scam. You misdialed. Our new card has now been compromised.

I had to call our bank, block the new card and request another card.
14
0