If America kerbed it's free speech obsession would there be less hatred, discrimination and killings?

Anonymous
America is world famous for two things, free speech and violence. I think the two are intertwined. If you allow someone to shout off at a particular group then your encouraging hated of that group and legitimizing violence towards it. If I stand outside an Asians shop hurling racist abuse then I should be held accountable if I inflame people to attack the owner. If I promote the idea that certain races are less intelligent or are inferior then I'm partially responsible for preventing employer's from hiring them. How often are the police called to deal with an innocent black guy waking down a street because free speech advocates have convinced residents he's a potential rapist?

No one of course likes to be on the receiving end and in a country that promotes the notion of standing your ground the obvious response is to buy a gun often with tragic consequences. I mighten like men who go fishing but if I turn up at the lake chanting anti fishing slogans it's hardly surprising that someone is going to shoot me.

In a nation where everyone is sounding off at each other and your expected to just take the abuse because their right to vent is greater than your right to safety or a peaceful life is it any wonder the death rate from violence is so high.
4
0