What do you think of the old French system for integrating immigrants into society?

Before France had a system called assimilation, but this system has not existed for at least 40 years. Assimilation consists in fact that the foreigners who come to France, are imbued with French culture, that they adopt the mores and that they make the history of France their history, and that they give French names to their children. For example, if there were Spanish immigrants, their stories should no longer be Charles V or Franco, but Napoleon, Joan of Arc etc. Here is how he explains himself these foreigners who have become assimilated, The homeland is the land of the fathers. There are fathers according to the flesh and fathers according to the spirit ” “I am what is called an assimilated Jew. As a child, I cried over the misfortunes of France at Waterloo or Sedan, not while listening to the destruction of the Temple. No other flag than the tricolor, no other hymn than La Marseillaise will ever wet my eyes ”, Raymond Aron this is what was before the French system
5
0