My husband (in UK) has stolen our daughters passports so that we cannot go home to Canada?

Anonymous
My 1 year old daughter and I came to the UK on a visitor visa. In 3 days our visa has expired. My husband is very abusive and we had to leave because I was scared for my daughters safety. When he found out we were leaving it turned into a blow out and he ripped the house apart looking for our passports. His mother agreed with our decision to go back home to Canada and promised to keep them safe and away from my. husband. so I went to call police as he told me I wouldn't be taking her away and he threatened to tell the authorities that I was insane. I tried calling the police and he ripped the phone out of my hand and then ripped it out of the wall. When I ran across the street to call police his mother gave him the passports and he drove away.

My daughter and I are now in a safe womens refuge. The police are trying to get the passports back. I think he is refusing to surrender them. My daughter is a Canadian born citizen.

We need to get out of here asap and get back to Canada but can't do anything without her passport.

Does he have any rights to keep her here? He's extremely abusive. He punched me in the face while he was drunk while I was holding her.

He also calls me disgusting names like hippo sl*t fat pig etc. In front of people.

Ugh please help.. any advice? I'm feeling so alone and in despair.
7
4