What’s it like being black in the deep South? How are most white people there? Is this really a common occurence?

Up here in the North I always hear “The South is racist” but to be completely honest I’ve only been there a few times. And in places like Georgia, South Carolina and Virginia I see black and white people out in public with eachother all the time. Which stands in stark contrast to up here in the North where people act like segregation is still around. (Keep in mind Boston desegregated in like 1978).

However I’m unsure if this remains the case in the more secluded parts of the South such as Mississippi and Alabama, where most tourists never end up visiting.

Then again if the South is still truly this “beacon of white supremacy” like it was before desegregation I find it ironic how black people are now moving to the South in droves instead of fleeing it in droves.

I feel like we’re much more racially divided in the North. Our cities remain far more segregated and most white people here only perceive black people as how the media portrays them as these toxic, SJW types.
1
4