Do you see voting as a "right" or a privilege?

OK, in the wake of the mail in ballot debate, I've seen a lot of people on the right claiming that people who want mail in ballots are just lazy and entitled individuals who don't aren't willing to go through the steps necessary and go through the hassle of going to a booth to vote. But (ignoring the fact that there's a pandemic raging that's getting worse by the day) why should people have to go through all of these hurdles if they want to vote in the first place? We know voter fraud is negligible so where do these dip-shits get off saying that people should only be allowed to vote if they're willing to endure the hassle of going through all the red tape? I thought in a free country, voting was a right, not a privilege. I mean you could be the most productive, industrious person imaginable or you could be an ambitionless lazy slob living off government welfare checks. You're still as entitled to the right to have the police protect you if someone was trying to break into your home so if voting is a right, why on Earth does it matter if you're willing to go through all the hurdles or not?In a free country, it shouldn't and this attitude is characteristic of the rise of Authoritarianism on the American right.
Do you see voting as a "right" or a privilege?
Add Opinion