Where do you think that organizations like the WHO and CDC dropped the goal when it came to coronavirus response PR?

Ad_Quid_Orator
I would say that the biggest missed opportunity was that when they talked about "flattening the curve", they didn't talk about how there was going to be a learning curve as well.
Where do you think that organizations like the WHO and CDC dropped the goal when it came to coronavirus response PR?
And this has manifested itself in two ways. We've all seen the "flattening the curve" images but what they don't tell you is that as the pandemic progresses, we get better at treating it so as time goes on, we can handle more cases at any given time without the hospital system becoming overwhelmed. Second, as we learn more about how the virus spreads and what measures are the most effective at containing it, we can better optimize our set of public safety protocols so they have been (in most parts of the world) becoming less restrictive yet more effective at preventing the spread of the virus. I feel that had such organizations talked about the pandemic "learning curve" more people would be willing to go along with the lock-down restrictions expecting things are only going to get better. Second, in the latter stage of the pandemic, you wouldn't have so many people thinking that "well obviously the government completely over-reached when we could have just used less restrictive measures all along so obviously these new guidelines in the wake of the second (or third if you're in the US) wave are also a load of BS". I mean so many people are taking what the WHO said about lockdowns doing more harm than good out of context.
The reason lockdowns do more harm than good NOW is because we have a set of finely tuned protocols to limit the spread of the virus; that's not saying that we wouldn't have had an unmitigated disaster on our hands had we just carried on with business as usual when the pandemic first struck.
Updates:
30 d
You have so many imbeciles claiming that "if masks and social distancing were enough" then the lockdown was unnecessary. But we didn't know when this began AND a big part of why we know now is by studying what did and didn't work during the lockdown. Did all of these hindsight warriors who are saying the lockdown was unnecessary have a codebook of the regulations we use to limit the spread of the virus? I think not.

But I've been saying "knowledge is power" for months now.
Add Opinion