Is it true that in the 80s and before that, people were more friendly to strangers (beyond small talk. and waving hi) before the internet, etc?

steven70001
My mom, aunt's, uncle's, grandparents, tell me how before the internet, the advancement of better video games, etc. a way higher percentage of people were friendlier back in the 80s,70s, and before that to people they didn't know. Back then way more people were ok with having convos beyond small talk with strangers. They could literally talk about their day IN DETAILS or whatever else and not have moments of silence, the other person feeling uncomfortable, etc. They said since the early 2000s, they saw things go down hill with this and many times when convos beyond small talk were started with strangers, most people looked at you like you were on crack. Lol.
1
3