Now how would this hold up in court with premeditated action but it was executed?

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-whitmer-kidnap-20201025-gdrafmosnvf2rf2bvatpu3w7ii-story.html
Possible defense in alleged Gretchen Whitmer kidnap case could be suspects weren’t really serious

Judge me on my actions not my words.
That’s the potential line of defense for one of the 13 suspects accused of plotting to abduct Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer over her restrictive stay-at-home COVID-19 policies.
The attorney for Ty Garbin, a purported member of the paramilitary militia group Wolverine Watchmen, asserts that his client wasn’t serious about the potential kidnapping regardless of recorded conversations and online text claiming otherwise.
“Saying things like ‘I hate the governor, the governor is tyrannical’ . . . is not illegal, even if you’re holding a gun and running around the woods when you do it,” explained Garbin’s lawyer, Mark Satawa, to The Associated Press.

@Gwenhwyfar @OlderAndWiser

------
Judge: Please present your case.

Prosecution: The defendants before you had intent to kill, intent to kidnap, intent to case bodily harm to elected individuals in regards to lock downs in order to prevent further spread of a disease, and were motivated to do so by tweets and talking points from elected officials...

Defense: Your Honor... The yutes in question...
2
4