Why is literally every westerner a communist these days?

Anonymous
I'm from Eastern Europe and I don't get it. Everyone that I know from a western country is getting obsessed with communism and I just can't wrap my head around it? All my American and British friend started talking about how wonderful communism is and I'm just like? We went trough that stuff in my country and I don't want to live in that kind of world. I get that people are dissatisfied with the current economic situation of the world and that's a valid point. But socialism and communism are not gonna fix any of that. It's scary to me because the world is heading in a direction that I don't think I'm ready for. Are any of you out there communists? Can you explain to me why you want this system in your country? My country was a satellite for the Ussr and it wasn't all ponies and rainbows. Corruption doesn't just magically stop existing under a different economic model. So I just really want to understand why?
26 d
I've received several replies that think that I'm talking about social programs. I'm talking about full on totalitarian government one party system communism. I'm seeing a spike in support for NK and USSR-esque practices. Social programs are fine. Northern European countries are doing just fine and in fact most systems in practice today have some form of social government programs. That is NOT what I'm referring to.
10
1