Do you believe someone can be really bigoted, but still a morally good person?

I think, as much as far left people like to deny it (ironically, as much as they are extremely bigoted themselves), I think we all have our biases against certain types of people.

For example, I wouldn't go far as to call myself "bigoted," but I doubt I could easily be friends with a "bisexual," transwoman, "non-binary" person, practicing Muslim, or modern feminist. I just strongly don't agree with their lifestyle or ideology choices, and wouldn't want their choices to be in my life. But I don't think that makes me a bad person.

Others, such as real homosexual people, or Judeo-Christian followers, or normal liberals, smokers, or vegans, I wouldn't care so much about the lifestyle choices of and could accept them fully as they are, even if I wouldn't mimic or partake in their choices.

I'm an American currently living in South Korea, where people can be openly bigoted or racist, especially against the Japanese and other Asians. It was shocking, at first, but I'm somewhat more used to it now. Although I think holding extremely-old grunges against certain cultures is silly, I kinda get it now, considering my own hangups with certain people I especially don't want to be in the same room of (namely, devout Muslims, transwomen, and especially "bisexuals"). It takes a lot of energy to tolerate certain beliefs and lifestyles such as those, but I think it's better to try to open your mind to certain ideas and lifestyles you find distasteful, than just continue to think of the other side as "bad people," like Koreans do to the Japanese.

I know it's "negativity" and it's "hard to be good with hate in your heart," as the saying goes. That's why I try to work on being tolerant, so I can get one step closer to acceptance of certain people (if it's possible).

So this question has me thinking that. Do you think you can be a morally good person while still being bigoted? Cause I think most of the world, outside of the West, are actually rather bigoted, objectively speaking.
1
15