Is the South still racist? Are things still racially segregated there? What do most white people there think of black people?

To be fair I’ve only been to the South a few times. So I don’t know the full picture.

But from what I can gather it appears that things are still pretty segregated there. Though people still do get along pretty well in the areas that are integrated.

Racially diverse states at large still have almost entirely different sections where the black and white people inhabit.

Take for example in Alabama where there are 90%+ white counties in the North, and the same situation goes in northern Georgia. As well as western Virginia and west NC.

So how are black people treated in the places where they are severely underrepresented? What caused these distinctions to develop and remain unchanged?
0
3