Is being a truthful person is like being a fool nowadays?

Suziedicostah
I and my friend had a debate on this topic last month; what's beneficial in the today's world? Being an honest person or being a person who speaks many lies for his/her own benefits?

She said firmly that, she'd always prefer to lie because lying can help you even to sell rocks. Truth is such a trash according to her. "I can fool the world (like conquer the world) by lying, very happily", she said. "Especially to make money", in addition.

I said her, "Of course you can fool the world with so many lies; but I mourn, that this game will go on for a very short time. And you may conquer something with lying (that is a delusion actually), but I bet you cannot win anyone's heart who is really a great and wise personality; because that person with his/her own experience and wisdom will immediately catch you and can make you realise your sin! So be careful!"... that's what my reply was... and for this she thinks that I am a big fool!!

Any other views? I really appreciate those comments who have their own perspectives!!!
7
0