Unpopular opinion: I am a millennial but I get along more with Gen-X, is it normal?

Anonymous
I don't like millennials, even though I am one. A lot of them come off as bossy, arrogant and competitive. And the snark, I cannot stand it.

Unlike most millennials, I speak formally, I rarely use profanity (only mildly) and I am a lone wolf for the most part. I have a strong dislike of millennial culture with selfies, slang and other nonsense. It is like taking a Buddhist monk out of the monastery and putting him in a room with the neurotic and verbose.

Meanwhile, Gen-X tends to be more patient and understanding than the rude millennials, plus I am a fan of Gen-X music such as Marilyn Manson, KMFDM, Static-X, etc.

Am I the only one who prefers friends in their 50s and 60s as opposed to their 30s?
1
2