Why do people not like the police?

Last time i check, most cops aren't that bad but there some who are and well i do believe they are held accountable. However i do agree that in certain areas they can be improved, but it seems most people want to go back to the ages of self governmenting which to a extent i am all for. Economic wise we should do as we please, children, marriage, and many other things the government should not be involved however i do believe the government should be involved when there is crime, i think money and resources need to be put in areas where needed. I think people need to re - educate themselves and start learning about how to raise there children correctly. Yes parent's should teach there children to respect the badge and to show kindness when seeing it, not fear it as i have been told by many people who have kids. It makes no sense to fear them nor do i believe that every case that a police officer has killed someone wasn't just. However i can 100% say that there are cases where police shouldn't have brought there fire arm in to. Any cop who kills people must be trailed and to see if there is need for punishment or not. Same thing goes for any criminal/ civilian that gets shot.
Updates:
12 d
When fixing such a problem of police being over powered, the only way you can fix that is by having better training in combat that makes it easier and less painful for civilains to be arrested. I think in order to fix this problem we need to not only look at the system and the people in it but also at the people who are not. Both are at fault. There are always two sides to every problem no matter what
12 d
I thank everyone who has been having a civil debate about this, please have a wonderful day
Why do people not like the police?
Add Opinion