Why can only black people say "Nigga"(NOT "N*gger")? Why can't other races use that word?

For context, I am a black man and have grown up in a black community. I'm not opposed to people calling other people "Nigga". My problem is that for some reason, only black people are allowed to say that word.

It's seen as racist when a non-black person says "Nigga", especially when the person in question is white. And I understand that... THOSE parts of American history are a sensitive topic for African-Americans. Again, I'm black too. But when black people say "Nigga", they're not trying to say "n**." The way I see it, they based one slang term off of another. I've always seen "Nigga" and "n**" as two entirely different words.

I think that if black people can say "Nigga" freely, then so can every other race, INCLUDING WHITES. I'm not calling other black people hypocrites, or slamming anyone for saying that word. What I want--preferably from other blacks--is an explanation. Can someone please explain to me why black people can say "Nigga", but why it's racist if other people do? Perhaps it's because I have Aspergers Syndrome, but I just don't understand this way of thinking.

I wanna have a constructive dialogue with someone here who understands this opinion. Why is it OK for me and other blacks to say "Nigga", but when other people say it, it's seen as racist? I would greatly appreciate if someone here could give me some perspective.
3
3