Do your political beliefs ever cause any bias in your perception of current political events?

OlderAndWiser u
150-200 years ago, people were tarred and feather and ridden out of town on a rail
The reactions of the right and left to the recent DC riot and calls for impeachment seem to be rather obvious proof that our political leanings cause a bias in our perception of current political events. Most of those on the right do not perceive that President Trump was trying to incite a riot while those on the left are convinced that is exactly what he did. One tool to facilitate some healing is for you to recognize - if you can - that reasonable people can view events differently and the fact that others have different perceptions does not mean that they are stupid or evil. Thinking people of all political persuasions should want to replace arrogance and self-righteousness with tolerance.

This question is NOT intended to give you one more opportunity to either defend or lynch the president. I am NOT interested in responses that tell me why he should be impeached, or why the left should be sent into exile. I am asking you to look inside of yourself and answer this question:

Do you believe that your political beliefs affect your perception of current political events?
I am a right wing/conservative and my beliefs DO NOT bias my perception of current political events.
I am a right wing/conservative and I will admit that my beliefs DO bias my perception of current political events.
I consider myself to be a centrist and my beliefs DO NOT bias my perception of current political events.
Vote C
I consider myself to be a centrist and I will admit that my beliefs DO bias my perception of current political events.
Vote D
I am a left wing/liberal/progressive and my beliefs DO NOT bias my perception of current political events.
Vote E
I am a left wing/liberal/progressive and I will admit that my beliefs DO bias my perception of current political events.
Vote F
GirlGuy
8
33