Is there a more suitable word for ‘popular’ when referring to people who were ‘popular’ in high school?

nocturnalbaby
I know this question needs context, cause without it I know it’s a very vague sounding question.

I’m specifically referring to the word ‘popular’ when it comes to describing the kids in high school that were considered the ‘popular’ or the ‘cool’ kids. You know, the ones that others thought were good looking, loud, confident, superficial, attention-seeking, partied a lot, started drinking early, talked about having a lot of sex, were rude & bitchy etc.

What I’m saying is that only in high school, the terms ‘popular’/‘the populars’ or ‘the cool kids’ works, but after high school, like in university or at work, those words just don’t really make sense anymore cause they’re just words to use between high schoolers.

After high school is over, although popularity doesn’t exist anymore, you still meet people that have the same sort of personality that I described above that ‘populars’ in high school usually have, & you can still tell by that sort of personality that those people were probably one of the populars when they were in high school, but it just feels weird to use the word ‘popular’ to describe them when they’re no longer in high school. Cause it’s not like they’re celebrities or are actually ‘popular’ in the real world outside of high school.

So my question is, what word would you use to describe people that were popular in high school that still have that sort of fake, loud personality & dress in the way that the populars in high school would’ve dressed? ‘The people that were popular in high school’? ‘Loud people’? ‘Confident people’? ‘Alpha people’? I don’t know. None of those terms make sense either & don’t really narrow it down enough to describe someone who was specifically one of those popular people in high school & still Carries that attitude on into the future. Any accurate or more sophisticated to describe those sorts of people?
1
1